Classic Bespoke Furniture Course or School

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlesFulton

Reaction score
My name is Charles Fulton. I am from a city a short distance from New Orleans LA in the U.S. I am looking for a classic school about a month in length that will teach me the most about woodworking in such a short period of time. I have owned a Custom Casegoods Company for the last 12 years. My business partner and my best friend of forty years was killed in a fire in a fire in our finishing building last year. He was a Master Craftsman and Furniture Maker. I have 7 employees and I have always handled admin, sales and marketing. Without Gordons skills,I feel that I am at a disadvantage because I have no skills and my employees do. I want to be able to do joinery, learn finishing, mortise and tenon and whatever else I can. I want to do it in England because I have been there several times and absolutely feel a kinship to your country and its history. If anyone has some good suggestions I would appreciate it. I would prefer it be a school that is old school so to speak and encompass all that it means to being a bespoke furniture maker. Thank you in advance.
Charles Fulton

Hi Charles,

If you have a look here you will see a thread on training courses.

I have used Chris Arnold and this is an overview of his four-week course. It costs 1,200 GBP and includes an excellent lunch. Chris will tailor the course to your requirements.

Also, you should consider Roger Berwick as, I believe, he will also tailor courses to suit you.

Good luck,
Neil

From the pages of F&C magazine:
Peter Quin
David Charlesworth
Chris Tribe
Williams&Cleal
John Lloyd
Marc Fish
Peter Sefton
Huntley School of Woodworking

Rod