Clarke table saw CTS10PLM

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anobium

Reaction score
Newbie so please be gentle.
I have been given a Clarke 10" table saw for free which seemed to be ok, except that the blade seems to be freewheeling, ie not turning in conjunction with the motor.
I have tightened the blade up but to no effect.
Is this repairable or should I just scrap it.
Thanks in anticipation.

First thing to check is that the motor is actually working. Remove the blade including the inner and outer flanges fitted either side of the blade. Switch on briefly to check that the arbor rotates. If it doesn't you should check the brushes to see if they are in good condition. Use your manual or this link
http://www.clarkeservice.co.uk/manuals/woodworker/cts10plm.pdf
If the brushes are okay then the problem is probably with the motor windings and may not be worth bothering with.

Brian

These brush motor saws usually have gearing down from the high speed motor to the blade arbour. It sounds as if this has given up the ghost. Also, usually the price of spares such as motors is in the region of the price of a new saw even of you can get them.

You may well have discover the reason behind your 'gift'

Welcome to the forum btw.

Bob

Brihol & 9fingers

Thanks for your replies , it just confirms what I suspected and I will scrap it.
Just have to continue using my band saw and skil saw.
Looking forward to utilising this site as it appears to be just what I was looking for.

Latest posts

Back