Clarke Shhh 2/9 Super Quiet Air Compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the above compressor, and am very pleased with it...only used it for skirting boards so far.
However, having loaned it to a family member to do similar work it has suddenly started spitting out either oil or water?
...the problem seems to be behind the on/off switch box,from a small diameter brass tube with a small hole!
The oil level was down and I have now topped it up...but it still spits out oil/water?

Any advice welcome.

Gerry

Its sounds like thats just the drain on the bottom of the tank.
Compressors build up moisture inside the tank and need to be drained from time to time.
If water is leaking out of there it just needs to be tightened up a bit

You didn't mention it but if you don't know to drain the condensate regularly best you find the drain. Getting water in the line will do a lovely job of killing your tools and messing up a spray job.

Does the Oil/Water only come out when you operate a tool or does it do it all the time?
The drain plug is normally at the lowest point of the reservoir, so should be easy to find.

I tend to use the drain plug after each use to release the air pressure. I find the drain plug itself has a small icicle attached that I just pick off thereby getting shot of the water at the same time.

Mick

It could be that the family member let the compressor fall or tipped it on it's side they don't like this as the oil is just laying on the bottom and can and will go everywhere internally if tipped it should clear and normally doesn't cause a long lasting problem, fingers crossed!

Can anyone please tell me how much oil needs to be filled on a clarke 2/9 silent compressor so that it reaches the half way level of the tube.
I think I would have added around 50-100ml and the level is still a lot below half way. Does anyone know how much oil needs to be added.

Thanks

Back