Clarke Model CB12WV bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAG

Reaction score
Even though there are a lot of the Clarke 12in bandsaws about and in use, Clarke International have decided that they will no longer carry spare timing/drive belts fo their Model CB12WV 12in Bandsaw. The original Clarke part number was HT301204
Can anyone suggest the precise specification for a replacement timing belt for the saw and, indeed, where to get one from?

I can't help with the spec, but bandsaw belts are nothing special You should be able to get something compatible from a good motor factors. Take the old one in and see what they can offer you.
S

Hi Steve
The only problem is that, when the belt broke, I think I lost a bit so I am unsure of the required length for a replacement.

G

Excellent chaps.
Using the string the belt length measures 500mm The belt width is 15mm and the distance between ridges on the old belt is 3mm. This information is probably all I need to get a replacement.
When and if I get one I will post the details on the forum because I am sure that will be quite a few people interested when their belt fails - as it surely will!.
A bit disappointing from Clarke though. Even though they no longer stock the belt they must have ordered them from an outside supplier when they did stock them - but they couldn't give me any specification details

I use this calculator for timing belts and other than very heavy duty HTD belts used by cars, I would not suggest Motor factors as suppliers

(sorry Steve)

There are two easily confused pitches 5mm and 1/5" (= 5.08") so take care to measure pitch over as many teeth as you can.
there are also 5/8" wide and 16mm to add to the confusion however metric pitches and metric widths go together as do imperial sizes.

RS carry quite a few and these people list some http://www.solenttools.co.uk/Contact_us-2837.html
Otherwise bearing factors such as bearing boys might be able to help.

Bob

Clarke suggested Brammer Limited.
I have located a branch within a reasonable distance and, when I get the chance, I will take the remains of the old belt in to see what they can offer

They will need the original length though so if you fit the remains back on the machine and guestimate the extra length of the missing bit they can try and match up with stock sizes.
If you scout around on the bearing boys site, you might find the art of the possible as well as guide price to see if Brammer are trying to stuff you.
Bob

just thought you would like to know
belt is actually 501mm long 3mm between teeth 15mm wide (501divided by 3 = 167 teeth)
order 501-3m-15 HTD timing belt
several places have them in stock

You can get a Clarke cbs 12wv drive belt from Solent tool supplies Southampton,just Google them.
Just ordered one cost £8.95 inc vat and postage.
Good luck.

I also have a CBS12WV under the bench that needs a belt and according to solent there are two belt one as above and the other that they have in stock other is 513mm must dig it out and measure up. did GAG get his sorted, he never posted back.

Do not by from Solent tools as the one they have listed doesn't fit, the teeth are too close together.

The right size is 501-3m-15 HTD as I've just bought one from eBay and it works.

Back