Clarke CWL6B Lathe - FREE to a good home!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well, I've finally taken the plunge and bought myself a 'grown up' lathe (Axminster)...and rather than go to all the faff of putting my Clarke on ebay or whatever, I wondered if anyone on here has a school that could put it to good use?

I don't want anything for it, the only condition is that you would have to collect it from Hertfordshire one weekend.

It's in excellent condition and comes with all the usual bits plus a 4 jaw independent chuck.

I'm getting the Axminster this weekend, so the Clarke will be available after that.

Anyone?

Roohster

I too have the Axminster M900, not sure how tall you are, I'm just under 6 foot and I found that I had to rasie the M900 up by 4" otherwise I got aches and pains in all sorts of places.

Apart from thatI think its a good quality machine, mind you I'm only a beginner.

Hi Waka,
shouldn't have that problem, I'm a relative midget at 5'6".... :D

What's the stand like on the M900?

I was thinking of mounting the lathe straight onto my workbench - but it would need strengthening to be sturdy enough.

If the stand is a good one I might forget the bench and use that....any opinions?

Roohster

I have had no problems with the stand, its good and sturdy. initially I had the lathe bolted to the floor becuase I was worried about vibration, but when I raised it 4" I didn't bother to re-bolt to the floor.

I have to say that the only time I had vibration problems was when I swiveled the head and turned something that was 20" diameter and that was only until I got it rounded off. Apart from that I'm very pleased with the whole kit. Mind you its the first l the I've ever had, so I can't really compare.

Hi Rooster.

How you doing? I am very interested in your lathe. I have my own, but my brother also has an intrest in woodwork and he needs a lathe.

please can you let me know if you still have it as my mother in law lives around the corner from you in Hertford and she will collect it if you still got it.

Please let me know. Email: [email protected] or 07876403022.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Rene

Back