Clarke CDP 351F (pillar drill) bearing info

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
In case this helps someone else...

I am fed up with the noise, vibration, runout, etc., so, after Christmas, I will replace as many bearings as I can, and the two drive belts. In each case I'll buy decent bearings rather than the cheap ones fitted. SKF ought to improve matters.

But the Clark manual only lists their own, strange part numbers, even though, as far as I can tell, the bearings are very standard (so good ones are cheap!).

To help anyone else considering the same task, here is a conversion table of the parts I have identified as having generic replacements. These probably work for other similar drill presses too.

Bearings:

Clarke__________ Std._______ Notes (int+ext+thick in mm)

BRG60202_______6202_______ Idler pulley (15x35x11)
BRG60203_______6203_______ 2 off, Top pulley bearings (above quill) (17x40x12)
BRG802024______6204_______ Main quill bearing (20x47x14mm)
BRG60201_______6201_______ Top quill bearing (12x32x10)

Belts (Clarke: DD16105011):

10mm x 6mm x 635mm (originally 3/8" x 1/4" x 25")

Note: These are as fitted, but 25 1/2" belts (648mm) are also available,
which may make speed changing easier, depending on how much
length/tension adjustment is available.

Hope this is useful to someone.

E.

PS: Mods: We used to be able to do neat tables using [
Code:
] or [[pre]] (can't remember which). I tried doing this using the new forum interface and the result was almost illegible (and I couldn't bold or underline anything inside a preformatted block, nor change text colours). So if the above doesn't look very neat - that's why.

Hi
Not sure if you can help me; I have a Clarke CDP251F which until today has worked fine. While drilling it seemed that the chuck dropped a little then the drill would not start. Tried again and it started very slowly but did not speed up. Tried again, slow then did speed up but am sure I smelt a burning smell. Have checked the belts and they seem fine, run smoothly when hand turned.
As you mentioned the bearings ... ????
Thanks in advance

Back