clangers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Reading past mistakes I was surprised to find no one as thick as me.A few years ago I was working from a cramped cellar workshop.The height was only around six feet.Being vertically challenged this did not bother me personally.My job for the day was to fit the hinges to the door I was hanging upstairs.After chiseling out for one hinge i decided to turn the door round so I would catch the light coming through the dungeon like window.I carried on with the second hinge only to realise that in turning the door i had flipped it as well leaving me with a cut out at the top right of the door and another one bottom left.Luckily I had to plane about 4mm off the door to fit so I managed to hide my shame.I tell people this story when they want me to hang doors for them and it usually gets me out of doing it.

I'm horribly disappointed this isn't going to be a discussion of the relative merits of the Soup Dragon and the Iron Chicken, but never mind...

Alas Harry, that sounds a bit familiar. If I had a quid for every similar boo-boo I've done I'd have, ooo, at least £37.50, and I'm still young. Well, "ish". :roll: Although I might borrow that particular one next time someone asks me to hang a door... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Well HS, I didn't see them the first time round, obviously... [-( My brother (who did) was a huge fan. I still have his Clangers annual and he doesn't know... :-$ :D

Cheers, Alf

And Mr Pogle was a woodworker 8) ! My first mentor...

mrpogle.jpg

Gill

PS Count his fingers. Clearly, Mr Pogle was an early proponent of the New Yankee Workshop safe working protocol.

I forgot he wore a toupee......

or does he dye his tash.......

or did he fall asleep, face down in the shellac......

what was the name of the dog?.........

TX

Definatly the shellac, or it could be that his hair didnt want to clash with his smock.

I cannot remember what the dogs name was #-o

Bean

Alf":3hgyw8zt said:
Well HS, I didn't see them the first time round, obviously... [-( My brother (who did) was a huge fan. I still have his Clangers annual and he doesn't know... :-$ :D

Cheers, Alf

In that case Alfyou need to get some more reference material to complete your education :mrgreen:

http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/index.ht ... gate.htm&1

[-o< Ducks for cover [-o<

Well that's my morning gone. :oops: Oh my, the complete Ivor the Engine on DVD... =P~ Good lord, was there really only one series of Top Cat? :shock: But he was the Boss, a pip, the championship, the most tip top, Top Cat...

I'm sorry, I've completely lost it for the day now. Thanks, Chaz ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

CHJ":37q7bl10 said:
tx2man":37q7bl10 said:
what was the name of the dog?.........

TX

Tog by any chance?

I immediately thought "Spottydog", but of course that was The Woodentops' dog.
Ahh.... It takes you back to the days when Muffin the Mule wasn't something you could be arrested for. :whistle:

Back