Clamps for Festool plunge saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manny

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Festool plunge saw and am wondering about clamps for use with the guide rail.
A/ Do I need them for cutting ply?
B/ Which type, Axminster list the screw clamps but the Festool catalogue has lever and quick action clamps as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
John

John,

The guide does stay in place pretty well on its own and I often use the saw without clamps but I always clamp for critical cuts.

I use the screw type clamps and find them quick and easy to use. Based on my experience with other (different make - Bessey) lever clamps, I can't really see any great advantage to these in use with the Festool guide.

I always use clamps, but then all my cuts are critical :)
I've been thinking about getting the lever type clamps, by the time I've ripped an 8x4 sheet into 70mm strips (14 strips plus one approx 200mm for drawer fronts) my wrists are getting quite tired of doing up the screw types
Anyone know where to get lever types. at a good price?

John Elliott

I haven't done any price comparisons, but they are usually very good.

I got two guide rails with my saw and thus ordered two lots of clamps :? . OK the excitement got to me. Two months and lots of uses of the saw later and I haven't opened the packaging for the clamps yet.
It is said that will be required when cutting diagonals but can't say that I have noticed the need.

SC

Thanks for the information folks

I think I'll go with the screw clamps for the time being at least until I'm in the happy position like John where I'm cutting up ply all day long :)

SC if you have an excess of clamps that you're not going to use do you want to sell two? I was planning on buying a pair from Axminster @ £18.48 in the next few days.

I don't have the festool system but the Mafell system, and I haven't upacked my clamps either.

I have used my rail a zillion times, and never found the need to clamp it down

the downforce and the rubber strips on the bottum just do the job perfect.

With the mafell system you get the clamps with the guide rail

McLuma

Back