Clamping Pressure Of Aldi Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
Some might sneer at Aldi stuff, I know you get what you pay for but not always the case.

I bought some WorkZone Aldi clamps the other day at a knock down price of £4.99 for a set of four and a £4.99 for a set of two.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/quick-ratcheting ... 8010346100

https://www.aldi.co.uk/quick-ratcheting ... 8046290501

They look really solid and robust,quite heavy too, made in China for Aldi. The Clamps have German lettering on them. The packaging has, VPA tested & certified in Germany, fit for use, safe handling, controlled.

I contacted Aldi to ask what the clamping pressure was, just received their reply,

" Thank you for contacting Aldi Customer Services.
We’ve looked into this and can confirm that the smaller set clamping pressure is 200N and the larger set is 600N.
Once again, thank you for contacting Aldi Customer Services.

At Aldi yesterday they had a set of Workzone clamps not listed on there web site. A four piece set, 200 x 110 and 345 x 155.
If interested, ring Aldi and ask nearest store to that has stock of any or all sizes of the clamps.

Don't laugh, I was at Poundland a while back, I know quality wise Poundland are very likely to be naff. I got two sets of four, palm spring type clamps, the spring pressure was surprisingly strong

Beware of cheap spring clamps. I had some from the pound shop and one of them exploded while under pressure. One of pieces narrowly missed my eye. I was surprised at the velocity of the flying bits. I would not have considered clamps a safety issue until then.

I have a set of two. They've seen light use over the past year or so and unfortunately the clamping pressure hasn't lasted. One is just okay, another really struggles to keep hold of anything.

I've had some decent stuff from Aldi, tools wise, but I've thrown the clamps in with the sandpaper as something I probably wont buy again. I don't know if I just got a duff set however.

With regards to the above post, I bought some cheap dekton clamps, one of which exploded and another of which just fell apart.

htf666":1k48cv4l said:
Beware of cheap spring clamps. I had some from the pound shop and one of them exploded while under pressure. One of pieces narrowly missed my eye. I was surprised at the velocity of the flying bits. I would not have considered clamps a safety issue until then.
Ah right, thanks for that I'll be sure to use my goggles or head shield If I use them.

BearTricks":3axk9zk9 said:
I have a set of two. They've seen light use over the past year or so and unfortunately the clamping pressure hasn't lasted. One is just okay, another really struggles to keep hold of anything.

I've had some decent stuff from Aldi, tools wise, but I've thrown the clamps in with the sandpaper as something I probably wont buy again. I don't know if I just got a duff set however.

With regards to the above post, I bought some cheap dekton clamps, one of which exploded and another of which just fell apart.
OK cheers for that.

htf666":3fop9pok said:
Beware of cheap spring clamps. I had some from the pound shop and one of them exploded while under pressure.

Ditto that, never again. They are scary-ballistic when they let go.

The cla mps are fine.
They do need a bit of modification though
Search the this site I have explained how somewhere

Obviously that don't have the pressure of a g clamp.

I bought a load of them and they are ok. Well they are very good value for money but they're not the best in the world. However if you need a decent number of clamps then they work out well.

I made a rack for mine and for £50 I've got a lot of clamps.

5922ca07672f7d2daed8e798e4effb5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pollys13":32plitb0 said:
Some might sneer at Aldi stuff, I know you get what you pay for but not always the case.

Cheap stuff is usually bad.

Good stuff is usually expensive.

But expensive stuff is not always good.

BugBear

I think the clamps are good value but a £2.50 clamp is highly unlikely to be as good a the Bessey equivalent, but it's 1/20th of the price.

However I do think that I will get a lot of use out of them and get value from my £2.50!

Sometimes cheap is just a waste of money but sometimes cheap is fine for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back