Clamping Idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo60

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw this on FB and thought I'd share. Anyone tried it? Clamps in both directions

Attachments

• Clamping idea.jpg
    Clamping idea.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 37
I'm a big fan of the Plano clamps. They mount on the wall so they're out of the way whilst the glue cures and like the example above, they hold the boards flat to each other. They're a bit fiddly until you get used to them, but well worth the effort.

Those look like a pretty good alternative, although I'd say you might not get quite as much clamping pressure with those wedges as you would with the Plano's screwing clamp heads, but it might very well be enough for well-jointed edges.

Just been clamping a panel myself. 4 Record sash clamps underneath and 3 on top, with masking tape on the clamps or the boards to keep the glue off. No prob.
Have in the past knocked up clamps like Robbo60's above - just battens with holes in the right places and a few wedges. Also needs sheeting bolts through or they can spread behind your back just when you aren't paying attention.

Latest posts

Back