Clamp Storage...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
As most of you know, I'm on a mission to get the workshop organized! I did the tool rack last week and the next task was sorting out my clamps as for nearly a year they have just been resting on the floor :oops:

Believe it or not, I’ve got no free wall space for a decent size clamp rack so I thought I’d make a cart. Remembering Ian built one in GWW I went through all my magazines and found the issue.

Yesterday I had a full day in the workshop ( :shock: :D ) and by the time I locked up for the night I had done this:

clamp.jpg

Forget something? Doh – Wheels (I’ve ordered them from Axminster, I’m not paying B&Q prices :evil: )

Not an exact copy of Ian’s as I used what I had left from the tool rack but I think it’s going to be really useful. Now I've just got to buy some more clamps to fill it :roll: :twisted:

Thanks Ian :D

Looking good Charley - but then you're not exactly struggling for floor space to rest your clamps on are you :lol: :wink:

Hi Charley

It's looking good.

I really can't feel sorry for you with your perceived lack of wall space. :mrgreen:

Me jealous, never. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Charley,

Your clamp cart looks very smart and I think qualifies as a good gloat too (space, K-bodies, full day in workshop, those 90 degree corner clamp things - do they work as well as they look by the way?)

Congratulations!

That's looking very nice for one days work Charley! Well done. Very useful too.

Now, be careful you don't go bumping into things in there fella - looks a bit cramped... :D

sorry, awful pun!

Nice one Charley, that was the easy bit now all you have to do is get more besseys to fill both sides. mount your wheels under the vertical uprights for more support. i put on 3" wheels but should have used 4" those clamps get heavy after you load the rack
Good to see someone do a project from the mag every now and then makes you feel your efforts wern't wasted.
I would like to see if someone has tackled my bench project or the tablesaw station with the fence setup. they used a bit of the grey matter as did the table football and pooltable/diner

regards

Ian

Thanks everyone :D

Chris":lp2pz28l said:
degree corner clamp things - do they work as well as they look by the way?)
I got them from Rockler a couple of years ago, they are useful although one is *slightly* out of square. I contacted them and they said they had a dodgy batch but I didn't go to the hassle of sending it back. more info here...

Aragorn":lp2pz28l said:
looks a bit cramped
:roll: :lol:

Ian":lp2pz28l said:
i put on 3" wheels but should have used 4" those clamps get heavy after you load the rack
I ordered the 100mm castors, thought I better after I lifted the cart down off the bench :shock: couldn't believe how heavy is was - and that was without the besseys.

John, It's in Issue 146 - Page 62 to 66

My castors arrived yesterday so I'm hoping to get some free time today to fit them. When I do I'll take some more photos.

woodshavings":2mls2v4o said:
Would appreciate a couple more pics of your Cart

John just to let you know I haven't forgotten about the pics.. However I did forget that I lent my camera to mum when she went away :roll:

Back