Clamp advice on track saw guides sought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
I treated myself to a new Makita plunge saw recently to assist with my kitchen fit out. As pleased as I am with the saw and guide rails I noticed on the first cut that the saw body is impeded by the clamps when securing the rail to the work peice. Even my low profile F clamps got in the way.

I eventually got around the problem by using cleats and clamping those but the rail only butted up against the cleat so not completely secure.

I checked the user manual for advice but it told me to screw the rail to the work peice. Call me old fashioned but I didn't want to drill holes in my ali rails.

How do those more experienced users secure the rail to the timber?

Many thanks

Mafell and Festool sell clamps for use with their rails which don't get in the way (but they are a bit expensive). I assumed all the manufacturers sold clamps to fit their rails........

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Dunno if this will help but I got an adapter for my Makita 1/2" router that fits Festool tracks. - A bit of reverse logic would suggest the Festool clamps will fit Mak tracks?

Back