Circular saw blade to cut brass tube

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
I have got to cut up lengths of 1/2" hollow brass tube. A lot of them!

I am trying to find a 184mm diameter - 16mm bore circular saw blade but I am Googled out.

I have found a Trend one that cuts alloy, but that is as close as I can get.

Has anyone got any advice please?

A recipe for a disaster IMHO. General rule is three teeth in contact with material at all times and for tubing that means a very very fine pitch.
A bandsaw with the speed reduced or a proper metal cut-off saw.
Another possibility is to get you tube supplier to supply them ready cut. They should arrive nicely de-burred and typically 0.5mm length tolerance.

Is the circ saw your only option for cutting the tube? If so please make it safer by building a jig. large square block of wood with a hole drilled for the tube so it's completely enclosed would be fast and easy and make your cuts clean, accurate and repeatable.

Thanks for the warnings as well.

I was hoping that there would be a blade like you get in an angle grinder available and I was going to create a jig to hold the tubing firm.

I approach this with trepidation and I think that the dedicated cut off saw suggested is the way forward. I didn't know such a thing existed.
It's just that I would be unlikely to use it again. However, thanks to the suggestion, I have had a look and found a Sealey machine, new, for £70.
Taking into account what I would have to pay for a blade this might be the route to take.

Watch out for a little used Sealey cut off saw on ebay!

Or I can hire one for the day for about £30.00!

Problem definitely solved, thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back