Circular Saw Blade Reduction Rings ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen blade reduction rings on sale to reduce, for example, a 30mm bore down to 16mm so that you can fit different bored blades onto your machine, any pro's or con's with this ?

Dog,

I've been using reducer rings for some years and provided there're of good quality (Freud, Trend etc) no problem. Just best to ensure that the blade and machine are compatible from a safety point of view.

Rgds

Noel

I have had problems with a wicks circular saw which has a 20mm bore when i tried to fix a 30mm bore blade. The problem was not really the reducer but the locking washer which wasn't quite big enough to grip the blade being designed for the smaller 20mm bore. Worth looking out for if you are using a bigger blade

I've had a similar problem to bilzee with a Skil saw in the past too. As long as the locking washer still grips the blade and not the reducing ring it's not a problem, but certainly something to be aware of.

Cheers, Alf

Anyone looking for these will find that any reasonable saw sharpener (listed as such in Yellow Pages) will be able to supply them for little more than coppers

Scrit

Back