Circular Saw Advice and Guidance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jusuk777

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, thank you letting me join your site.

Looking for any help or advice if that is ok.

Brief little history, my wife & I are fundraisers for a charity helping vulnerable and people in need. We are non-profit and make woody things like log snowman and reindeers and all sizes of snowman out of plywood, and reindeers from whitewood, to sell at Christmas time (few pictures attached)

I’m just a very amateur at DIY couldn’t drill a wall 5 yrs ago lol but getting better ha ha but yet can make these snowman & reindeers go figure !!!

Sorry for going on. Over last couple of years equipment has been improving after purchasing not the best tools, but now I’m looking to maybe get a new toy. A Tabletop circular saw.

I have a Chainsaw, Bandsaw, Circular Saw, Jigsaw & Scroll Saw, but at times, I’m struggling if the log/wood to too long I can cut half then having to cut it around, so that’s the reason I looking at the tabletop circulars saw.

I have been looking at the following

Screwfix Titan one at just under £100
Evolution Fury 5-S - £190 or thereabouts
Van Haus - £170
ParkerBrand PTS-250 £180

I’m guessing these table top saws kind of all the same thing but with a extra here and there.

I will not be using it for hrs on end and as I work fulltime would get used many weekends, at as all the work is done in my back garden so very conscious on the noise I make, so keep my usage for 3-4 hrs only.

I don’t have big budget as its all from my own pockets but really at loss which one would suit best considering the prices.

Anyone advice and guidance would very much appreciate in helping me make a decision.

Attachments

• Reindeers.png
    Reindeers.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • snowman.png
    snowman.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
I have a couple if titan table saws one at work and one at home.

I use it to cut down 1" timber usually.

Has a full width fence guide which is useful.

Cuts well through 3" timber.

All the above saws will be pretty much the same so if money tight the titan will do if it's in stock.

Cheers James

I have a couple if titan table saws one at work and one at home.

I use it to cut down 1" timber usually.

Has a full width fence guide which is useful.

Cuts well through 3" timber.

All the above saws will be pretty much the same so if money tight the titan will do if it's in stock.

Cheers James
Thank you

Back