chuck jaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i posted before about my bison chuck and the reply was it's a axminster precision chuck i was looking on axminster
web site at accessory jaws but there are two numbers one a bit dearer than the other, but how do i know which i would need .the cheapest one number is 951367 and the dearer is 951362
many thanks
pip

The 2012 catalogue has only one set listed on page 617. PT. No./Order code: 951367 £29.90 Inc VAT .

Common fitting across the axminster chuck range

pip1954":17x33eri said:
thanks for your answer, how do you guys get the 2012 cat they say 3 jan
Picked up mine yesterday after an enforced stop-off for a browse around at Nuneaton.

pip1954":1ebd3159 said:
thanks for your answer, how do you guys get the 2012 cat they say 3 jan

Spend obscene amounts of money with them through the year and I think they send it to you as a gift! they did mine..... got it 2 days ago =D>

Don't know if this helps, but recently on various posts people have being having stock problems with Axmister. I went in the other day for a set of accessory jaws (Nuneaton) and could find none on the shelf. I looked at the computer catalogue and they said out of stock. I went to the desk and they said "They are the new ones, we have the old type in stock" The ***362 is the new one, with rounded corners???

I think that they are moving their production base, Someone reported that the precision chuck was out of stock due to awaiting new supply. Also the O'Donnel jaws have been reported as out of stock, but they have all the component pieces in stock.

It might be worth contacting your nearest branch to check stock levels.

Regards

Rod

pip,

I have had some on order since the 12 December, so I called yesterday to chase the order and was told

The prices shown on the website are 2011 and 2012. The items are identical.(She couldn't understand why the two prices were on the website)

If you order them before in the next day or two you will get them for last years price.

After that the new catalogue prices will apply. Having said that they are not expected to have them in stock until the first week in February.

A couple of years ago Axminster started to have them made in China and were faulty.

So they reverted to make them in-house, the downside to that, is that it takes time as they very complicated to make.

BTW (You can order a catalogue on the website or phone) Being on their customer list I get it sent to me automatically.

Happy New Year to all on the forum.

John. B

hi all well i have ordered a set and had confirmation of order but then it is a bank holiday so i will see what happens when every ones goes back to work, i got them at 2011 prices =D>
happy new year to everyone
pip

Latest posts

Back