chuck hubs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to index it quite accurately so a steel one would be better. (I actually made one with hot melt glue :) .)
Why the need to index it, it's only a chuck storage mount. Or have you got some secret trickery in mind🧐🧐🧐

Have you tried Thomas Smith Fasteners, they do a good range of BSW bolts, more than on their Web site, www.thomassmithfasteners.com give them a ring a see if they have 1 1/2" X 6 bolts, sure that's a Whitworth thread size.

Maybe could use a bolt as the mount post?

Last edited:
What about drilling a hole the o/d of the chuck rear boss and sitting chuck in that, perhaps held with a grub screw. You could then mount the piece with hole to a cheap rotory or XY table?

That works with a Oneway live centre, but I can't see it working with anything else.

The tail of the part I've ordered is an M12 male - I'm not sure as yet whether it detatches from the body of it. If it does, it's probably easily sorted.

That works with a Oneway live centre, but I can't see it working with anything else.

The tail of the part I've ordered is an M12 male - I'm not sure as yet whether it detatches from the body of it. If it does, it's probably easily sorted.
Could you mount m12 nut into a board to screw it into?

Latest posts

Back