Chuck compatibility issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharris

Reaction score
On May 3rd a post appeared from author dickm regarding a list he was trying to compile for compatible chucks. Very useful bit of information.
I have recently invested in a Versachuck which allows a certain degree of autonomy imposed by many of the major chuck brands. The mounting jaws can be changed to suit a variety of other makes of jaw sets.
I have been trying to find out whether the Charnwood range of W830/6 are compatible with any other make of chuck. Charwood themselves are only prepared to confirm compatibility within their own range and say that it "might be compatible with other Chinese imports".
So, does anybody know for certain if the Charwood jaw sets can be used in other makes of chucks?

Greg,

The Versachuck has been back sometime though sadly not promoted as well as it could be. Toolpost had a couple of sourcing issues that were quickly overcome and the chuck is now available on a 2pick & mix basis" where the customer can choose each component part. Rather than fork out a fortune for a Vicmarc I simply bought a Versachuck with vicmarc mounting jaws. Huge savings can be had this way and the quality is very good. It weighs a ton and is very robust and nicely finished off. Since last posting my query I have found out that the Fox chuck is compatible with loads of other brands/models the Charnwood 386 being one of them.

Regards,
Roger

rharris":j1qmsim1 said:
Greg,

The Versachuck has been back sometime though sadly not promoted as well as it could be. Toolpost had a couple of sourcing issues that were quickly overcome and the chuck is now available on a 2pick & mix basis" where the customer can choose each component part.
Regards,
Roger

The Toolpost website is still showing the message about the versachuck being unavailable due to supply chain problems, same as it's been for ages ?

Cheers, Paul

I spoke to the owner of toolpost just a few days back and he mentioned that the Versachuck would have covered a need I had expressed, I said, "Yes, but it's not available" to which he replied, it is back again, we have not updated the site yet though. So if you want one I would suggest you ring toolpost and order it that way.

Latest posts

Back