chuck "adaptor"??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a male thread (1" x 8 ) with a flange back? Like as ISO backplate, but with a male thread on? I don't know where or what to search for. a male thread that could be welded to a plate would be ok.

I would like to be able to centre it on a drill press table and hold it with appropriate clamps/fixings, so that I can screw on one of my woodturning chucks to the drillpress. when drilled, I can put the chuck on the lathe.

I would have thought that a hardwood spigot with a good fit in the thread bore would have been accurate enough for a wood piece that is going to move during creation anyway.

marcros":2vxlcka5 said:
Is there such a thing as a male thread (1" x 8 ) with a flange back? Like as ISO backplate, but with a male thread on? I don't know where or what to search for. a male thread that could be welded to a plate would be ok.
I would like to be able to centre it on a drill press table and hold it with appropriate clamps/fixings, so that I can screw on one of my woodturning chucks to the drillpress. when drilled, I can put the chuck on the lathe.

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-c ... b-ax780266
TO4M has a 1" x 8 thread, according to the answers below.

Off topic, but it's my topic...

How will you do an hdpe one? I have loads of that ready for a mallet. Melt and flow it in?

I'm going to turn a disc with a hole through the centre say 4" in diameter and 1" deep and fix it to the faceplate, and a disc to fit the hole. I should be able to compress to HDPE enough to fill the thread (1 1/2" x 6 in my case) and still have maybe a 1/2" thick disc at the back - the odd hole isn't going to matter. Plan B is to do it bit by bit with a hot air gun. I really must get going with the mallets - I have probably four or five kilos of mostly coloured HDPE washed and cut up ready to go.

If you have a friend with a 3D printer then thread adaptors good enough for basic alignment help
are easy to produce.
file.php

file.php

Back