"Chrome" plating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a kitchen tap. Just a few weeks after installation, the chromium plating has peeled off the nozzle bit:

nozzle.jpg

Since I bought it the supplier has changed its models and the new one is very very similar - but not the same. The new nozzle does not fit the old tap. I don't want to have to change the entire tap, or get a plumber in just for that. So I'd like to get the original part plated.

Now I do know that Cr is nasty stuff, and most products now describe the finish as Chrome Effect, so I don't know if it is really chrome or another, substitute, finish, but if anyone here can help me out, I'd be really grateful. Ideally I'd like it bright rather than satin.

Many thanks
Steve

Attachments

• nozzle.jpg
    nozzle.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 742
Hi Steve i used to have some done at Nottingham platers in Basford Nottingham . Might be worth a try

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jonny
Thanks for that. I've had another rec by email, too.
But I've actually found a place very close to me, 10 mins or so, so I'll pop in next time I'm that way.

hi steve that looks like an aerator nozzle i remember buying a kit of different sizes from lidl believe it or not may be worth keeping an eye out , you may not be lucky getting it rechromed too small a job for many companys . ian

I think I've cocked up.
I've ordered a 22mm one, but I've since discovered that these things are sized by their thread size, not the OD. So my 20mm OD tap actually has an M20 thread.
I've emailed the seller, so with any luck I shall avert plumbing incompatibility.

Now if it were a bit bigger I could have some real fun

Back