CHRISTMAS IS EARLY THIS YEAR........... 44 days and counting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProShop

Established Member
Reaction score
Christmas is early this year
44 Days left and counting....... before delivery of a Felder KF700 Proffesional saw/spindle.
and a Felder Hammer A3-41 Planer thicknesser.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.grantham/img111.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.grantham/hammera3-41.jpg

I made the mistake of going to WoodMex last month :D . And they made me an offer that was hard to refuse :lol:.
And also a visit to Felder in Milton Keys for a demo of the machines.
:D . I have wanted a spindle moulder for some time and having looked everywhere I realised that an extra machine would not fit in the workshop and most of the machines on offer were a little on the small side for me, and nearly all had fixed spindles. The ones that did tilt were forward tilting :shock: which look extremely risky to me when I have seen them in use, IMHO the rear tilting spindles are safer to use, and a part combination would fit the bill nicely, in the size of machine I was looking for, and when I saw a large door and window being held on the spindle having an all round rebate done I realised this is the size of machine I was looking for.

Also the repeatability of the settings is impressive using the digital readouts, and of course the legendary Felder accuracy.

And even the missus is impressed :D :shock: :shock: SWMBO has a list of.........., well you can quess the rest.
Al I have to do now is pay up :shock: next month

John

Sounds an expensive day out, but I'm sure worth every penny.

lets have some pic's when you've got it assembled.

Cheers

Congratulations John. I'm sure that you won't regret it. I've had my kf700p since february and am very happy with it.

As you will soon discover, documentation is not one of Felder's strong point and if you haven't done so I suggest you sign up for the Felders Owners Group on http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/felder-woodworking/ which is a souce of very useful information.

One of the members of the group has just produced a very comprehensive handbook for the saw/shaper which should help considerably with alignment and operation. Still waiting for my copy but I'm sure it will be useful.

Best wishes

David

paisawood":32l3ikcl said:
Congratulations John. I'm sure that you won't regret it. I've had my kf700p since february and am very happy with it.

David
Thanks for the info David, it's good to now I'm not alone :D .
I know all about poor manuals, I have a Record Saw and a Fox P/T:D :D :D They surely can't be as bad as theirs.... can they??......no surely not:D :D :D :D. I wait with bated breath :)
I haven't bought any tooling yet ie: cutter blocks etc. but I'm browsing the catalogues when the missus is out :) Any advice would be much appreciated.

Back