Christmas has come early...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orcamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post an unashamed "gloat", there's no "gloat" category but I spose this can come under "workshop tour"...!? :lol:

So recently I took delivery of a Hammer A3-31 P/T and I'm very pleased with it (so far). Although I will stress that it has not yet been put through it's paces. Don't worry, it will be...

Hammer A3-312.jpg

Hammer A3-311.jpg

I did have some small delivery issues with Felder/Hammer, but once sorted the rest fell into place. Compared to my lovely old Scheppach it has a sweet & comparatively quiet induction motor, cast irons tables, easy change (x3) planer knives and plenty of power.

So I'm dead chuffed, but SWMBO is now expecting all sorts of stuff to be made... :shock:

Attachments

• Hammer A3-312.jpg
    Hammer A3-312.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,647
  • Hammer A3-311.jpg
    Hammer A3-311.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,668
cheers riclepp!

It's only clean at the moment because it was recently painted in this stuff...
floor paint.jpg

so the workshop has been turned upside down when I did this.

This was an attempt at turning the chipboard flooring into something less slippery, but I am not convinced this paint does what it says on the tin!! :roll:

It was very costly (as most paint is these days) and hasn't solved the problem.

Attachments

• floor paint.jpg
    floor paint.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,505
Ha, I just swapped a Scheppach for something similar, an A3-26 with the Silent Power spiral block.

How have you found the thicknesser for snipe? I found the hard, snatchy takeup of the metal rollers a shock after the nice gentle rubber rollers of the Scheppach, and I've had to change how I feed the wood to prevent a lot of snipe. Still getting a little bit if I'm not careful.

If I had the cash to hand I would upgrade my kitty 637 to the hammer I have meany next doors,that moan alot. looking for something quieter maybe the spiral cutter block

I like the way those tables fold straight up instead of at an angle like all the others I've seen, including mine.

Hi Wood Butcher

Sounds like you have a very similar machine. I haven't ordered the spiral block, is it worth it over the standard blades? As for snipe, no I have no snipe at present, maybe you need to look at the setup of your machine. At least on the old Scheppach it was critical to setup the tables relative to the blades. I agree about the rubber rollers on the Scheppach, they were very nice but I guess it is just a matter of getting used to the metal ones. Have you had your machine long?

cheers
Steve

Hardwood66":15k25at9 said:
If I had the cash to hand I would upgrade my kitty 637 to the hammer I have meany next doors,that moan alot. looking for something quieter maybe the spiral cutter block

Hi Hardwood66

Well, definitely worth saving up for, I know they are dear but well worth the patience if you can save for one. You could also look into insulation, if you've not got any already, that would help reduce how much you annoy the neighbours.

cheers
Steve

heatherw":12imehck said:
I like the way those tables fold straight up instead of at an angle like all the others I've seen, including mine.

Hi Heatherw

Yep, they lift up really quickly and there is a safety catch which prevents them from falling back down again (I'm glad to see!). Pretty heavy those tables!

cheers
Steve

Back