Chisels ... and customer service too ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyB

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using a few yellow-plastic handled Stanley chisels on my bench for a long while ... they are good, for what they are ... but they don't have or hold an edge like (say) my Clifton plane or my AI or Sorby turning tools. I wanted something better for cutting dovetails and the like ...

Been to a few shops and shows (e.g. Harrogate) ... not a good forum to decide ...

Matthew (Workshop Heaven) helped a lot ... he lent me an AI Mk II, and AI Dovetail and a Narex Cabinetmakers in similar sizes. TOY'S. Seriously ... actually using the tools at your own bench is completely different to admiring things in packets hung on a wall.

I was impressed by them all ... and all were better/nicer/sharper/etc than what I have ... I'm going to upgrade!

The trial set was lovely - I was strongly minded to use them to confirm that I didn't need anything new, as it's the user rather than the tool that's the problem as a rule (in my case!) - but I'm sending them back - planning to order some new tools ...

Dangerous ... but WH providing great service ... and I really would have sent them all back and stuck with my Stanley's if they been OK ... but ...

A starnge comment there phil, puts members off posting with hecklers like you

Adidat

phil.p":2hp6vgxn said:
Looking forward to the English translation............

Seems straightforward enough to me, and adiat clearly had no problem understanding it. Which bits would you like explaining to you phil?

Back