Chisel storage?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's someone around here who needs one even bigger...

...and is just waiting for it to turn up in a Kentish field at dawn!

Don't forget...those Holtzappfel masterpieces are very dinky....my only one is the cocobolo rehandled iron on my picture above...and that is dinky!

They were used for very ornate turning (as you both know anyway!)....and not exactly suitable for the violent gouging out of a square table leg!

Jim

Well. I was wondering what to do with my chisels too. I am in the process of making a new toolbox.

So yesterday I made this.

DSC_0061.jpg

I discovered that the chisels have handles related in size to the width of the chisels. So used a couple of different Forstner bits.
What amazes me is that I had never noticed this in the 5 years I have had these chisels !

DSC_0050.jpg

It fits inside the drawers I have made for the toolbox, but could be removed and put on the bench.

DSC_0067.jpg

To prevent the chisels from rattling about I made a removable stop for when in transit.
Also I put the support at a slight angle so there is nice full contact on the handles and no sharp corners.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Seems to work ok, but time will tell. And it cost zero as I made it from scraps.

Also I must add katallwoods chisel collection is obscenely awesome.

Ollie

Latest posts

Back