Chippendale tonight 7pm, BBC1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone interested in case, like me, you hadn't spotted this one in the schedules: Brilliantly British; Thomas Chippendale. Could be good, could be appalling, but at least there'll be a chance of some real wood featuring on British terrestrial telly for a change. Unless Chippendale was a fan of MDF...? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Dont the people at bbc talk to each other

Every one knows that the archers starts at 7

now im torn chppers or archers :?

Signal

You can always listen to the Archers on the web but if you missed the t.v program you missed a treat

Thanks for that Alf, without your prompting I would have missed it :cry:
I don't watch much TV and this was a treat :lol:

nope, the archers won

You can always listen to the Archers on the web but if you missed the t.v program you missed a treat

Honestly listen to it on the web, philistine :lol:

Signal

hi folks
i thought the program was quite interesting as they tried to capture a bit of the life and times of the tradesmens and their hierarchy ,what a tool chest !. the guy died in debt.
i recall recent posts on making a living cabinet making as potentially hard.
how things change !
dave w

I came across the show whilst channel hopping, at the part where they were looking at the tools chest. What an enjoyable show! Makes a nice change to have something as interesting (and wood-themed) as this! :D
Wish I taped it now.......
regards,
Philly

Well I'm glad I taped it. :D Benjamin Seaton's Tool Chest! Wow! That was a real treat; I have the book about it, but seeing it "3D" was excellent. Then there was that droolable pile of mahogany, and all those shots of the workshops at Williamsburg. :D :D :D I shall be going through it frame by frame at my leisure, probably with a magnifying glass... :lol: I dunno Sig, bad call I reckon. :roll: Still, with luck Antie Beeb's policy of "another chance to see" will kick in. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

Thank you very much for the warning about the show. It was definitely the best of its kind that I have seen. I wonder what the chances for any more are? Perhaps we should all send emails to the Beeb to say we want more?

That Cuban mahogany was something else wasn't it? Pure unobtanium - truly priceless.

Will I get booted if I swear on here? :shock: Just searched for this show, my Virgin box....or iPlayer, one or the other wont let me go back more than a week.....at my time of searching I am 1 week and 1 hour too late :roll:

i think it unlikely that it will be on the iplayer nearly 9 years after it aired.

Latest posts

Back