Chip extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Record rsde1 extractor with my new saw last week and pleased to say it appears very proficient but there is a cartridge filter inside the container to filter air which seems reasonably priced when requiring replacement but there is a brown paper bag (like the paper bags supplied in American supermarkets for packaging that surrounds the cartridge and these cost £1 each. :twisted:
One pound for a paperbag seems silly money to me, anyone using a substitute (vacumn cleaner bags or fabric filter etc.) ?

Dev,

I have that very extractor, and you are right, £1 for a bag does seem expensive.

However, I have found that it isn't necessary to change the bag every time you empty the bin. I have had mine for over a year, and am only on my second bag.

When you empty the bin, take the bag outside and brush the dust off it with a soft brush (I wear my Trend Airshield while doing this).

You only need to change the bag when it gets clogged, which you will notice from a lack of "suck" at the hose end.

Regards

Gary

Hi DW

I have a DX4000 with brown paper bags in it. I've had it over a year and haven't changed the bags

Back