Chip extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy_Git

Reaction score
So I share my garage with a selection of bikes, fridges and tumble dryers but my PT gets used rarely due to the faff of it clogging up.

I've found the following for a bargain £35 each. Which would you get and why?
SIP 01342 (no hosing)
Rexon DE-1000f (with hosing)

The rexon is lower power (yay for low energy, boo for power being useful) higher flow and has some duct attached.
The sip needs £30 of duct and jubilees, takes more power and seems to be lower flow rate, think it's also bigger. But is a brand I have nominally more knowledge of.
I've no idea about filter or bag condition.

Should I just get the rexon as this is for very occasional PT use, doesn't need duct buying, and potential attempts with the Inca bandsaw.

or is one better the other?

SIP might be a (slightly) better name, but I'd go for the one with the hosing. Attaching hosing is a very murky area- having hosing that fits will save you your £30 and hours of grief trying to work out which 100mm/4" attachment you might need.

(BTW it probably won't work very well with your bandsaw, but it will transform your clogged-up P/T).

Cheers
Any little helps it's mainly for the PT and playing with the bandsaw. The Inca doesn't have any factory fittings for extraction anyway.

Back