Child's desk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to make a quick desk for my 9year old daughter.

Normally for an adult, I would make it 750mm tall. Is there a suggested height for a child friendly one? It needs to be for doing actual school work on, many of the children's desks and tables online seen to be for younger kids.

This will be a quick and dirty job, it doesn't need to last forever if she outgrows it.

Why don't you make it like an adjustable trestle. So that the vertical supports have pins through so you can change the height? Will keep it useful for years.

Made a desk for my 9 year old earlier in the year. Desk is a standard height but he has a height adjustable chair, Stokke tripp trapp, that places him at the right height for it.

Fitz.

I'd also go with a height adjustable chair! This way, even if it's made quick and dirty, the table will be good for years! So you won't have to buy/build another one in 4 years latest

I went with a standard height desk. it will only be temporary but was made from offcuts and a bit of ply that I had.

back to school in 2 weeks anyway!! (y)🎉

Back