Childs chair bending top rail

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would make the form a little tighter so it can spring back a little when it dries. If the steam/boil bending fails to work you can always use the same form to laminate glued up strips to get the chair useable again.

Pete

Thanks for that, I have watched several videos on steaming and this was also suggested

Ever the optimist but I think it will work okay, its already been in the correct shape once and hasn't so far to go to be back where it once was

When I looked at it first I thought just maybe put a strap on it now and pull it in a very small amount over a period of days.
That might be too optomistic though.
Or maybe combine soaking half of it and do the above. Whatever you do though, do it gradually!

Yes I am in no rush, I have had it probably about 35 years, it was fine until stored in a garage for ten years, now another decade has passed but now have the incentive to get it done, I fitted in it when about five years old, my grandson is now 16 months so still some time left ;-)

While you have a head of steam, there is a bit of steralisation needed about the place. Well Bradford anyway. :)
xy

Back