child's chair and (cradle in progress)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hello.................just thought i'd post this...........it's a smallish chair, made from pine..........cost of materials used comes to £8.00...........pretty good :D.
DSCF0819.jpg
DSCF0817.jpg

this is how the cradle is looking at the moment.........i'm hoping folk could give me some ideas as to what i could do with the sides and ends...........i did have dowel rod in place but i didn't like it...........so out they came............anyway here it is........and feel free to leave your suggestion for the sides :D.
cradle.jpg

kenny.

Well done on the chair, Dowels 8)

I would say that's quite a celtic design, is it not?

Cradle's looking good also. What about using the
celtic design in the end panels and a half lapped,
dowel trellis sort of thing on the sides :?

TX

Kenny, nice chair - has given me ideas.

As this is a cradle rather than a cot and the lucky baby will only be in it for a few months I think solid sides with a cut out design matching the chair should be OK. The cradles I've seen and used have all been lined with fabric, if you did likewise there would be no danger of baby getting fingers caught.

Andy

thanks for the replies guys..............the design in the chair was a last minute thing, i just made it up to give it a bit of character...........it turned out better than i had thought it would. it was cut with the jigsaw.

i like the idea of incorporating the design on the chair into the cradle sides.........thanks.

kenny.

Kenny,
The chair turned out very well - congratulations.

I made my daughter a very simple little chair out of plywood when she was about two or three years old and she still treasures it even though she has three kids of her own now.

The chair is very good Dowels :D
How about a fretwork panel for the sides of the cradle

Bean

Back