Chickens teeth and rocking horse poo....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was speaking to the two Mikes last weekend and they both told me there isn't much around. There wasn't a stick left in their stock :?

I just spoke to Keith from Australian Imports too and he told me the quality of what little there is right now isn't good enough for him to stock either.

Even if there are "pockets" of the stuff here and there it isn't easy for me to pick up given my short visits back to the UK (South East) anyway. I just thought I would ask if there had been an outbreak of Spalted Beech worm that I hadn't heard about?

Hmm, dry winter a factor perhaps? I've noticed our firewood hasn't been including as much spalted as usual.

Cheers, Alf

My neighbour on the next farm over has a HUGE Beech tree that came down in a storm in the Autumn. It has been cut up for firewood and lying outside since then - there is bound to be some spalting in that by now if you fancy rummage?

Not in the South East of the country though.

same for me - i have a load of spalted beech planks and two more trunks still to cut - shame your not over in ireland - have a good look round your local woodlands any beech tree that has been down a while will spalt - just need to find someone who will cut it !!

Duiker

Have you tried Mike Cawthorne at M.A.C. Timbers tel 01832 205231

He has an Open Day (Demo(s); s/h tool sales; wood bargains; refreshments) on

Sunday 2nd April 10am to 4pm Lower Benefield, Nr Oundle

Back