Chicken Coop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I volunteer at Easterleigh Animal Sanctuary and offered to build a new coop for the chickens!
That's been a bit of a project, from moving the resident chickens into temp accommodation, a spare stable.
Demolish and dig out really poor concrete bed and pour a new footing for the new coop.
After much digging moving and mixing and pouring (on my own) I got the frame started.
All the materials for the coop are recycled with the exception of the outer skin 18mm OSB.
Once the basic frame was up I put a shout out and was very lucky to get some volunteer time from a joiner, who helped with the nesting boxes and storage cupboards.
I'll add more details as I get time but for now some images from where the chickens lived, which is what I demolished.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Try and fit a droppings board, under the perches, which can be pulled out for cleaning. Chickens make alot of muck and it's no fun trying to get under the perches to get it out.

Looks like you have a fair few chickens?

I'd make the cop big enough to walk into and paint the floor with floor paint or rubber matting.

I would save a door lip either so you can brush it out easily. A snow shovel us ideal.

Cheers James

Back