Chestnut white diamond compound

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I have lost my white diamond compound for the chestnut buffing system.

What is it? Can I pick up setting similar locally?

I tend to use it as a first compound on light coloured wood, before a wax application with the final buffing mop.

Thanks. I wondered whether there was an alternative, or something more readily available other than going online.

I wonder whether the Yorkshire grit mentioned on another thread might be worth a look.

marcros":umubj3um said:
I wonder whether the Yorkshire grit mentioned on another thread might be worth a look.

Totally different product and use, not at all suitable for correct use of the 3 wheel buffing system.

It's more akin to Chestnuts "Cut & Polish" which is used primarily to hand cut back a sanding sealed or dense wood surface with a safety cloth or similar and leave a wax coating behind. (using it on open pored or unsealed wood may lead odd results due to debris left in the wood pores)

As most abrasive suppliers appear to stick to similar colour coding for abrasive grit size any White Wax Abrasive loaded Compound is likely to be Tin Oxide and should work the same if you can find a local stockist of polishing media.

Back