chestnut foodsafe finish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHwoodworking

contact me for bespoke high end firewood!
Reaction score
i have a modeling airbrush and i was wondering if i could spray the above mentioned finish with it?

if i could but it needs thinning what would i thin it down with?

ta very much

It is light grade (thinner version) of Liquide Paraffin to aid wood penitration, can't see any advantage in trying to spray it as oposed to brushing it on and letting it soak into the wood, it will not form a surface skin as a polymerising oil would.

i was more thinking about a live edge. spray it on to get it into all the nooks and crannies

BHwoodworking":3b02c0by said:
i was more thinking about a live edge. spray it on to get it into all the nooks and crannies

I would just do an Enery Cooper (splash it on all over).

as in on the edge. or should i strip the bark, but i do quite like the look

Food Safe Oil is only needed for pieces intended to hold or come into contact with wet food products such as dressed Salads where long exposure to the liquid could leach out any chemicals remaining in other finishing products.

For natural edge Bowls intended to hold Skinned Fruit or Dry Nuts or Nibbles, Child Safe finishes should be fine as long as fruit is not left to go rotten in them, there again you would not be consuming rotten fruit that may have been contaminated anyway.

Natural edge Bark is often benefited by the application of Thin CA to strengthen and improve the bond if using Child Safe sanding sealers and wax finish.

A Child Safe Hard Wax Oil is also good on natural edge pieces.

Latest posts

Back