Chestnut’s Woodturning Weekender

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Just back from an absolutely fantastic weekend organised by our very own Terry Smart & the Chestnut finishs team.

It was nominally to celebrate their 25th birthday (all be it a little late!) but brought together circa 200 turners over a weekend to watch 4 fantastic professional demonstrators, looks and and talk with club and related displays, enjoy a fantastic BBQ with string quartet, table magic, more live music form turners who made their own instruments, a evening show fresh from Edinburgh fringe and loads more.

The event was a huge success and the attendees were unanimous in asking for a repeat event in 2020. One to look out for!!!!

Our top demonstrator team: Stuart Ferini, Phil Irons, Gary Lowe and Pat Carroll.

7B446BB6-D49C-493F-B386-BA4EAB73E953.jpeg

Attachments

• 7B446BB6-D49C-493F-B386-BA4EAB73E953.jpeg
    7B446BB6-D49C-493F-B386-BA4EAB73E953.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 515
Glad it went well and you all enjoyed yourselves, been following events over the weekend on Conkers, very professionally orchestrated as expected.

Just seen they’ve confirmed there will be a 2020 event 1-2 Aug, this time in Kent.

Looking forward to it already.

Simon

Just got back from Spalding. I wholeheartedly concur with Simon's comments; it was a brilliant weekend and must have involved an awful lot of work for everything to run so smoothly. It was particularly nice for me (very much an amateur) to meet so many professional turners socially - and a great bunch they were too.
Many thanks to Terry and his army of helpers, and to the demonstrators who all passed on loads of useful tips as they worked their magic.
Looks like a trip to Kent next year!
Duncan

Thanks Duncan and Simon - really pleased you enjoyed the Weekender, it's a cliche but comments like this make it all worthwhile. I'm pleased to say there have been lots of similar comments too.

Chas, you were missed, a shame you couldn't make it.

We haven't yet fully confirmed next year's dates, we still need to iron a couple of things out with the venue and if they'd answer emails it'd be a start! We're 95% of the way there though. (Yes, we did start planning even before this year's event, if we started now there's a good chance we couldn't have booked the turners we wanted. We needed to make sure the first one worked though before committing!)

Again, glad you enjoyed it, so did we; now this thread has been started I'll drop by and update it with more details if that's ok?

Oh, and Chas mentioned 'Conkers'. If you don't know, that's our Facebook group, all Chestnut Products users welcome! See our main Facebook page for links or drop me an email.

Terry

Just updating the last post here, Woodturning Weekender 2: The Northern Invasion will be taking place in Kent on 1-2 August this year, at a venue just outside Maidstone.
Four turners from the north of England - Emma Cook, Andrew Hall, David Lowe and Andy Rounthwaite - will be demonstrating over the weekend, plus side stands and some trade stands too.
It promises to be another great event, we're really looking forward to it. For more details visit www.woodturningweekender.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE: Spaces are limited and we think this could be a sell out event. If it does, we won't be able to take walk-ins, so book early!

Just a quick reminder about our little event being held nr Maidstone in August this year - the early bird ticket offer comes to an end very soon, if you want to save yourself some money get your tickets before the end of the month!

Back