Chess

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
I make some chess boards and stonecast chess sets such as pic

100_0972-1.jpg

What I want to do is make a box for the pieces, not a problem with making a box but how do I place the seperate pieces so they are seperated and be protected when moved from place to place, any ideas.
I have a couple of ideas but maybe one of you has a better idea or has had a similar experience.

TIA

The bronze / aluminium chess set I just put with my chess / backgammon table came in a box (which I don't need anymore and you are welcome to although as you can see the baize is a bit tatty). It just has holes bored out with Forster bits etc - and that kept the pieces very well
6289630788_24251b3cf2.jpg

Cheers
Mark

Mark, this is something like I had in mind, but to make the holes different depths so the pieces are level near to the top of the box so nothing can fall out when in transit, there is a lot of drilling though and the box will be very heavy, just wondered if anyone had any different ideas.

the base wouldn't need to be solid you could use suspended layers ,still a bit of drilling ,this way would also help keep the weight down.

Back