Cherry Coffee-cum-Dining Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sorting the pictures Aragorn, superb job and the thrught M&Ts look the part.

May I ask what you used to cut them ??

Bean

Bean":3upumsea said:
... the thrught M&Ts look the part ... May I ask what you used to cut them ??
I turned the legs first, then made a jig that held the wood so that I could cut the mortices on the Leigh FMT from both sides (because of the depth of cut).
The same jig also allowed me to cut a mortice on the inside where the round section meets the square section of the rails, and to cut the legs to length equally either side of the mortice, and to cut the recess at one end to hold the table top.

roy":3upumsea said:
I'd just worry about the legs being in contact with the floor in dining table mode.
Me too! I made the customer aware of this as a potential problem, but she said she'd use it as a coffee table 95% of the time and we agreed on the "nicer" finish rather than a tougher polyurethane one.
Another solution would be to have little "feet" attachable to the legs when putting it into card table mode. She didn't want the fuss.
If the legs get unduly worn in time I'll refinish them for her and have a re-think.

Thanks again for you kind remarks

Aragorn,

That is a beautiful table. I am thinking of making a similar one, but since I don't have a lathe, I will make the legs octagonal instead. I envy you being able to get American cherry that thick. We can only get 50 mm thick here.

Rockerau

Latest posts

Back