Cheaper than Screwfix!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, it's a very small selection compared to good olde Screwfix :wink: But the range of plumbing stuff, taps especially, are upto £30 cheaper than Screwfix and the Hardware/Fixings appear to be lower in price too, might give 'em a try in the New Year :)

Hi Dog

Yes, it is a very small range but the prices are low.

I have just seen, what looks like, an identical digital vernier caliper to the one I bought at Axminster. It was eight pound instead of the twenty six I paid. :cry:

Cheers
Neil

I was thinking that too, the last one I bought was twenty quid :( On the whole nearly every price is half of what Screwfix charges. I know it's not woodworking but I can buy two mono block kitchen sink taps, exactly the same as those sold by Screwfix for less than the price of one from Screwfix and still pay 95p less on P&P charges. :wink:

Since I posted the link to Bargain Bobs they've really expanded on the amount of stock, well worth checking out :wink: Good prices for Freud & Makita as well as good olde Ferm!

Hi all

None of them will ever beat "Tools 2 Go" on Hucknall Road in Nottingham.

It is the Ferm "outlet store" and their current bargain is a 4 1/2" grinder for 4.95.

Pillar drills are 20-25 etc. etc.

Cheers

Neil

The cheap grinders are quite good but usually the first thing to go is the spindle lock button. They're quite handy for mounting in angle grinder stands and using as a mini chop saw. Mount them and forget about 'em and use 'em now and then for cutting heads off bolts etc :wink: Axminster, Screwfix and Warehouse direct all sell angle grinder stands.

Hi All,

They certainly have some good deals, but their £70 cordless 18v Trim Saw is not a bargain because Focus/Do It All sells what looks like exactly the same one (under the DK brand) for £39.99 and this includes a 18v combi drill/driver (with hammer action) and 2 batteries.

A friend of mine bought one and where it obviously would be no good for a tradesman it would be an excellent buy for the diyer who only wants to trim a bit of softwood to size. As for the drill well this would hold its own against any of the own brand makes that the diy shacks such as B&Q sell these days.

Cheers

Mike.C

:idea: My first post on this group so Hi to everyone, and happy new year etc. . I received this from Screwfix 2 weeks ago. It may clear up the origins of the stuff at baragin bobs.
Cheers :!:

We have been made aware this morning (December 23rd) that a number of
Screwfix Direct
customers have received an email from "Bargain Bob's". This was due to a
processing
error and we are very sorry that this has happened.

Bargain Bob's is related to Screwfix Direct and was set up as a
"clearance" web site
to sell overstocked and deleted Screwfix Direct products. Again, we
apologise for the
intrusion of this unexpected and unsolicited e-mail message, which was not
intended
for you or any other existing Screwfix Direct customers.

Back