Cheaper sheet material....but please read

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
i have spent the last few days reading post about the difficulty of getting stock sheets. As i see alot of "offcuts" going to waste then i can offer a little service. I can get the daily off-cuts put on a pallet for collect (that day only) if your interested. The pallet could have 12, 15, 18 25 mdf - 18, 25, 30 , 38 chipboard and ranging from 400x400mm to 2400x300mm to 1200x900mm. I don't need anything for this but a little towards the machinist won't do any harm.

If your interested them please let me know, but you MUST pick it up or it's straight in the skip.

Also, we have veneers. Alot of Cherry, Maple, Anigree, ABW etc that goes to waste (ie: 350mm offcuts). May only be small pieces but enough for the job in hand. But if you want larger pieces then i can order them in for collection or postage.

Hope some of you find this helpfull

LyNx

Same sentiments, Great idea tho. Maybe you could collect some standard sizes and arrange to courier them out?

The offer is going to stay open so if your ever travelling down this way then let me know before hand.

LyNx

Hi Lynx,

I've worked at a couple of joiners shops who have invested in a chipper and heating system that makes use of all the waste. It might seem a large investment to lay out initially but cold winters and free heating certainly maid my bosses realise it was worth it. Just a thought.

cheers,
jonny

i think it has been looked at but got turned down. Not sure if the other users of the estate had anything to say about it, not sure. We fill a large "roll-on, roll-off" skip a week but not sure how much would be removed if we did use a system as you stated.

Maybe worth looking at again. I'll ask next week

LyNx

Back