Cheap tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanG

Established Member
Reaction score
I have seen tools for sale which although they are obviously B&Q, have had their labels removed, they are available in large numbers and are sold without boxes or instructions. The tools sometimes show signs of being used, some appear to be perfect. Does anyone know if it is the policy of B&Q to sell ‘returned items’ to a third party for resale?
The prices are 50% of the B&Q price.

Alan.

I know somebody who works for B&Q and he swears that all returns go in the bin.It's possible that they are rejects from another source or my friend may have a very long nose.

Sounds dodgy to me, and thus entirely likely... :roll: Unless someone's been doing some really diligent dumpster diving behind all the B&Qs? :?

Another thought, B&Q don't make the tools, they just have them labeled as B&Q. If you look around you can find some of them with different labels. Maybe your looking at someone elses returns :shock:

Well, I have bought quite a few of these tools and although I’m not usually too gullible I though at the price I’ll risk it:
First one a biscuit Jointer, shiny new in the box but the blade was about 3mm out of square I had to re drill the mounting holes oversize to allow sufficient adjustment to bring it back in line, when I took it apart there was sawdust in the mechanism’ so it had been used before. Works fine now
The next buy was a jigsaw: could not find a fault with this.
Then a router: the locking leaver had been forced round too far and left a rub mark on the plastic body, but otherwise OK.
Then a sliding mitre saw: this was ok too apart from the laser being way out of line, but a few minuets with a Allen key and that was fine.
All the tools had the makers name removed leaving only the portion of the label which shows the voltage, the dust bags are also missing.

All the tools available appear to come from the large DIY stores and only the tools with store brand names are ‘disguised’.
I would guess they are store returns; some have faults some do not. ‘Showing at your local car boot now’.

Alan

As far as I know, most B&Q 'home' tools are Performance power or Performance Power Pro

Tony":2wm84vma said:
As far as I know, most B&Q 'home' tools are Performance power or Performance Power Pro
Tony,

Those are B&Qs 'brand names' they are made by a number of different suppliers, one of which I know is NUTool.

Latest posts

Back