Cheap spray mount

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone got a maker that isnt based on some heavy duty carpet/contact adhesive ?.

I'm needing to stick some templates down for marking and cutting/sanding back, but i'd like to be able to peel it off afterwards, but not too light where its going to move.

I dont think pva is going to be an option, but it might.
Also not looking to spend £15 a tin.

+1 for the 3M repositionable spray. Just don't over coat it, a little goes a long way.

I use Copydex for fixing paper templates to sheet material for cutting on the scroll or bandsaw - just peels off

I use Copydex for fixing paper templates to sheet material for cutting on the scroll or bandsaw - just peels off

Only problem I find with Copydex is actually twofold:

1. It "ages" fairly quickly in the tin, then becoming quite thick and hard to spread evenly;
And:
2. If doing really "fiddly" scrolling stuff (e.g. small lettering) you must be sure to spread it all over the back of the template, otherwise on such fine stuff, where there's sometimes really small "legs" left, the remaining bit of the template - that you need - can get lifted up by the cutting action, ending up with a pretty small piece of template flapping up & down with the blade. Just what you DON'T want for fine lettering!

But it IS easy to get off afterwards, and without masking tape too.

So personally I'd suggest it depends on the job - Copydex for "normal" work and a light spray of 3M on "fiddly" stuff.

HTH

If you are searching online don't be tempted by the stuff from crafters companion. We bought some for making cards, once it made the paper damp the curl was enough to break the bond.

Only problem I find with Copydex is actually twofold:

1. It "ages" fairly quickly in the tin, then becoming quite thick and hard to spread evenly;
And:
2. If doing really "fiddly" scrolling stuff (e.g. small lettering) you must be sure to spread it all over the back of the template, otherwise on such fine stuff, where there's sometimes really small "legs" left, the remaining bit of the template - that you need - can get lifted up by the cutting action, ending up with a pretty small piece of template flapping up & down with the blade. Just what you DON'T want for fine lettering!

But it IS easy to get off afterwards, and without masking tape too.

So personally I'd suggest it depends on the job - Copydex for "normal" work and a light spray of 3M on "fiddly" stuff.

HTH

I don't do "fine" stuff . . . . normally fairly simple shapes/letters at least 20cm x 20cm workpieces - but it does go off as you say

Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look and see if the 3m i can get as cheap as, and also the crafters above, though I think with ones like that its a rebranded 151

Back