cheap, small but accurate mitre saw for segmented turning..?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike s

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i am beginning to do segmented turning and i have found my mitre saw is not accurate enough, the fence is not true to its word and the whole saw arm has a slight wiggle from side to side (that's what you get when buying performance power tools! =D> )
not good!
i want a mitre saw that is accurate and cuts cleanly so the segments are pretty much perfect right off of the saw
i wont need a very big saw, id rather spend the money of quality over quantity
i have a budget of under £200
what should i go for?
thanks
mike

Most saws can be tuned to cut accurate bit if there is a wobble then its a false start and to much fafe to remove that wobble.

The best small saw I have ever used and it was bang on out of the box was the Bosch GCM800s
http://www.axminster.co.uk/bosch-bosch- ... rod794682/
Its also the best SCMS I have ever had or used.

However its over your budget but for worth saving up another £9's for. I sold mine for £150 in a great condition and with a £50 blade on as I only needed a larger saw, so I bet you can find them for that money second hand.

If you do go new I will say I never used the blade that came with I had one of the orange CMT blades on it.

Back