Cheap SIP Dovetail Jig - 34.95

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know what this is like, but it is cast iron and it comes with a 7/16", ½" and 9/16" templates.

Seems amazing value.

Cheers
Neil

I bought the Screwfix jig & found the plastic stops turned brittle & broke after a year. It was poor quality plastic. With 3 different templates its a lot cheaper but check those stops & if possible get someone in a machine shop to make you a set of steel or aluminium stops to fit. I also found that the plastic hold down knobs slipped out when the plastic was failing. Unsafe as the workpiece could move.
I paid £70 for the 1st jig then another £50 for a replacement. It would have been cheaper to buy a Trend DJ300 at £100. :(

Hi Dewy

I didn't realise about the plastic handles but even so, once you have replaced them, don't you still have a much cheaper solution with more variety of widths?

What I have done with my Trend DJ300 is to buy the aluminium cam handles which makes things so much quicker and does away with the plastic handles.

Cheers
Neil

I see that Trend now do the CDJ300 jig which is listed at £70 so is a much better option that the one I bought which has now cost £120 to make 2 drawers. :(
Trend are known for quality so I have fast come round to the way of thinking that buying cheap tools to get started is a much more expensive option than buying good kit to start.
It's noticable that Trend are fighting back at the DIY sheds cheap own brand routers by introducing the T3 & also as a complete starter set with router table for £150.

Back