Cheap Shed/Workshop security update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevekane

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, back in March there were some postings about shed security and I bought and had fitted a very cheap alarm thats actually designed for a motorbike and fitted it to my shed was very pleased with it. Well its been in use this past few months and I have to say that its still working just fine and Im very pleased indeed with it.
The great thing about these alarms is that they are vibration sensor activated, so you have an alarm that goes off when the door is tampered with and before someone get into the shed, I was concerned about the wind setting it off but mine is fitted to the door frame rather than the door and Ive not yet had it go off in high winds etc. It will run off a pp9 battery which is handy to site the alarm and Ive now got mine permanently wired to a bell transformer. I checked ebay this morning and there are many sellers doing them at around £10 and all I can say is that Im very pleased indeed with it, not the most sophiticated alarm but its cheap and it works.

Attachments

• 91F20978-40E3-4E17-89D5-E153BFC2FAE7.jpeg
    91F20978-40E3-4E17-89D5-E153BFC2FAE7.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 28
Seems like a sensible purchase.

It won't keep anybody out, but it will likely make opportunistic low life run rather than attract attention.

Will buy one for the shed.

Hi Terry, thats just what Im hopeing for, securing anything is quite difficult, Ive got a big padlock on a solid enough door and my hope is that if they try levering at it with a spade or whatever the alarm will make them run off before theve done too much damage. I ought to have said that the little plastic siren is impressivly loud and as the little box of tricks is designed to be stuck to the inside of a motorbike fairing with supplied sticky pads, I made the simplest alloy bracket to attach mine to the wood frame. The instructions are a bit “Chinglish” but its simple to work out and its posible to adjust the sensitivity level via the plippers. Good luck.
Steve.

Back