cheap plywood?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybuntus

Established Member
Reaction score
A few months ago someone posted about wickes flogging cheap ply, do they do this regularly? I'm after about 10 sheets to line the shed and would hate to think I missed out on a bargain for the sake of waiting a few weeks,

Any one know?

I used 18mm OSB for the inner walls of my workshop (2 x 2 stud frame, OSB inside and shiplap outside), it was £13 per sheet when I bought it, it's gone up since as all sheet materials have, but if you shop around you should be able to find it cheaper than Wickes.

You could use the thinner 11mm OSB which is cheaper, the nice thing about 18mm though is you can put a shelf or a hook up anywhere without having to worry if there's a stud behind it.

Hi Chaps,

Looks on the wickes page again but still no bargains. I was hoping for at least 11mm. 18mm would be great but a bit lavish for my needs unless it was cheap.

I have 11 sheets of 6 feet x 5 feet MDF but I fear it would just go mouldy in the shed? the outer skin is 18mm ply and breather membrane and it will be insulated with 170mm glass wool (compressed in 100mm space).

Back