Cheap height guage completed - in metal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well

if any of you are still interested, then here it is in metal (wooden protototype on here a while back)

All aluminium except the measuring face which is steel and the bottom is surface ground flat

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Oops, no idea how that plane got there 8)

As with the router table insert, I'll post my engineering drawings here pretty soon (need to convert to PDF first)

Good job Tony. And the LV plane? Hope you blunt the edge leaving it on the insert............

Noel

Forgot to say that as well as being very accurate it cost nothing if you have an old dial vernier knocking about or a tenner if not.

Beats buying the 'real thing' for £90+

Philly, I am leaning from the master :)

I'm sorry but this is too much. Hence forth I will totally ignore any thread with such blatent, park-on-you-face-never-mind-drive-by, gloats involved. A person can only take so much. Proper job though, Tony. Can't think of a reason to make one, but it's very lovely and shiny.

Cheers, Alf

<Numbers of threads with gloats rockets by 300% in bid to get Alf to shut up> :wink:

Very nice, and just gave me an good idea for the height setting of the blade on the table saw

Keep them coming

Och ya left the scribe marks on it... sheesh.... no finesse....

<shakin head slowly..>.. calls himself an engineer too...

:p :wink:

not bad Tony... but yer still nae gettin any points ;P~

Back