Cheap drive belts Vs premium and bandsaw blade advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a look through your work Bob, it's really great stuff. Are you using shellac as the finish, out of interest? The rosewood guinea pig is a particular favourite. The grain looks amazing.

Bilvis.... thanks for the comments. :D
That guinea pig was a spur of the moment box, my daughter in law has two real ones, and while she was here on holiday the subject came up and I decided to make one (just because). i got into trouble though because as the shape developed it looked like it was about to leap so I started calling it an Attack Jerbil. :shock: Well, I laughed even if she didnt. :roll:
That one is unusual in that its a "push me pull you" box and can positioned facing either way as the drawer pushes through from either side. Normally the back is closed in and handles are used.
The zebrano is not easy to shape, its quite an open grain making it hard to get a gloss finish and if youre not careful lumps fall off on the corners.
Almost all of my finishing is with home made wipe on poly (lots of utubes on that subject), because I like glossy surfaces, but I think the guinea pig was Liberon Finishing Oil. i have tried hard paste wax and failed miserably at that. I think I need a one to one tutor to show me how its done.

I have an axminster 350N bandsaw and I use tuffsaw blades to make all those.

Sunnybob

You have inspired me to try my hand at making some bandsaw box's, just ordered a 1/8" blade from Ian for my 350S, lots of Mahogany and Oak to cut up, I have lots of idea's just hope I have the skill. LOL

MIke, skill comes from practice. Practice means that some firewood will be created. #-o #-o =D> =D> =D>
I started from ground zero with wood so for the first year I kept two old age pensioners in fire kindling. :roll: :roll: :roll:
One of them still gets 1 carrier bag a month or so.

Back