Cheap bandsaws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicfirth

Reaction score
Hi,

My garage just isn't large enough to have large static tools, so I need to be able to store tools out of the way when they aren't being used.

I'm tempted by a cheap bandsaw one of the 2 wheel ones that retail at about £90, from Screwfix, Charnwood etc. I was wondering if they are any good, I already have a small table saw but it just wastes too much wood if you are ripping several small pieces of stock.

Also I intend buying a lathe and it would be much easier to prepare bowl blanks if I had a bandsaw.

Regards
Nic

Nic,

As with so many tools, bigger capacity is better, but I understand the space problem. I'm not sure the capicities of the ones you were considering, but can I suggest you have a look at the Record Select RSBS8? (Picture here.) I'm not usually one to promote Record stuff, but it does have a beefier motor than some of it's rivals and the 2yr guarantee is comforting. :wink: Other than that, I think I've heard fairly good stuff about the Perform. Mind you, if you're really lucky, you might run across a second hand one of higher spec for the same price. BTW, D&M Tools have the Rrecord for 115 quid, which I think is the best price I've come across.

Cheers, Jester

Have you looked at the small Delta machine. Its got a 5"cut, and seems to be a decent little machine (Ihad a play on one at a show a few months back)
Rutlands are selling them at the minute for 100 notes. best price Ive seen so far

Cheers
Doughnut

Latest posts

Back