Cheap Adjustable Work Lamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
HI All
Had the "pleasure" of wondering around Croydon Ikea last week. Came across this little bargain. Its the interestingly named "Fallet" lamp, with double adjustable arm and clamp. Cost? £9.95.
light1.jpg

I clamped the base to the underside of my bandsaw table, a simple task. The arm just pushes into the base, I added a self-tapper to make sure it doesn't come loose.
light3.jpg

light2.jpg

Once in place you can adjust for perfect illumination! It stays put, too.
light4.jpg

If you can stand going to Ikea its worth taking a look at one of these-I wish I bought three, now! :roll:
Cheers
Philly :D

philly i think ikea is great i went with the wife (as you do) and found plastic drawers with 22" blum runners for a £1 i got 5 where else can you get blum runners for a £1 a go .

frank

ps i got goodwoodworking to day your pics not that bad :D :D :D :shock:

Bit far to go for a lamp innit Philly? You relocating? :wink:

Phil.

Studying one of your bandsaw pictures I note you have a clamp fitted below the cast iron table. Also some yellow knobs.

Any information available on these additions?

Dev
In the second piccy down, the clamp is the lamp clamp and it is attached to the cast bracket that hold the table trunion. The upper yellow knob is for the table tilt, the lower one to slacken the belt to allow you to change speeds.
All standard Record RSBS14 (except the Ikea lamp :lol: )
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Back