charnwood W619 TS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone own or have any views on the Charnwood table saw for a small Diy workshop.

Andrew1":2dlz69dc said:
Hi does anyone own or have any views on the Charnwood table saw for a small Diy workshop.
If you aren't bothered about the sliding table this is significantly bettered by Axy's AC216TS as it has a larger table, proper cast iron trunnions and a better fence.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Hi Bodgers, thanks for coming back. I had discounted the AXy as it looked tiny when you view it without checking the dimensions, bit daft on my end. The sliding table, not sure that gives me much for my intended use. Typically looking to cut to size panels for cabinets, infrequently, and trimming up boards after being ripped down with CS.

Andrew1":1s0vevm3 said:
Hi Bodgers, thanks for coming back. I had discounted the AXy as it looked tiny when you view it without checking the dimensions, bit daft on my end. The sliding table, not sure that gives me much for my intended use. Typically looking to cut to size panels for cabinets, infrequently, and trimming up boards after being ripped down with CS.

The table is quite small. Only 400mm wide, where as most site saws are around 600mm wide (excluding extensions)

transatlantic":26yp8a2b said:
Andrew1":26yp8a2b said:

The table is quite small. Only 400mm wide, where as most site saws are around 600mm wide (excluding extensions)

With the supplied tables, width is actually 695mm. You have to fit the right table as well as the fence is dependent on it.

Bodgers":1xxjmko5 said:
transatlantic":1xxjmko5 said:
Andrew1":1xxjmko5 said:

With the supplied tables, width is actually 695mm. You have to fit the right table as well as the fence is dependent on it.

I was comparing table size alone which is the important part really, and what you're paying for

transatlantic":385zpni3 said:
I was comparing table size alone which is the important part really, and what you're paying for

Cast iron + sheet steel vs cast alloy + a gap + extension slider thingy...take your pick :)

Bodgers":2z9v9f8m said:
transatlantic":2z9v9f8m said:

Cast iron + sheet steel vs cast alloy + a gap + extension slider thingy...take your pick :)

Again, ignoring the extensions, a lot of job site saws have a much bigger cast aluminium table. Thats the only point I was trying to make :)

I had the slightly bigger W650 version; within two months the main bearings had failed. As a consequence I personally wouldn't go near anything Charnwood with a very large barge pole - Rob

Back